Whether you are dating, living together, or married, I can help you and your partner resolve problems and develop new solutions in order to have a healthy relationship through relationship counseling and psychotherapy.
Often used interchangeably, counseling helps couples learn new skills to improve their relationship, whereas psychotherapy work is often deeper and involves exploring individual thoughts and underlying beliefs that prevent partners from moving past their conflict in order to allow for a happier relationship.
The length and success of treatment is dependent on a couple’s needs, their desired outcome and commitment to treatment.
The benefits of relationship counseling and psychotherapy for couples:
- Improve communication, reduce blaming and develop healthy boundaries.
- Learn to talk about the difficult topics that usually lead to arguments.
- Develop conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Gain insight into how past experiences influence present ways of thinking about yourself and your partner.
- Understand individual values and beliefs that block healthy relating.
- Learn to accept and negotiate differences in order to develop a new couples’ vision.
- Create more intimacy between each other.
For more information about couple therapy to help improve your relationship, please contact me.